ECO-UNESCO’s Top 10 ‘Festive Season’ Tips !!!
- Choose decorations, which can be reused, rather than flimsy ones, which will be used once and thrown away.
- Have fun making your own Christmas decorations from scrap materials
- Avoid leaving tree lights on all day; try using them only at night
- For maximum energy saving, try new LED (Light Emitting Diode) Christmas lights, that use up to 90% less energy than larger, traditional Christmas bulbs and last up to 100,000 hours when used indoors
- Support your local charity shop, buy presents from charity catalogues and look for Fair Trade alternatives.
- How about buying a gift that will last for a whole year? E.g. sponsorship of an animal, membership of an organisation or subscription to a magazine.
- If you’re not sure what to buy, why not give money or gift vouchers?
- SNUB – Say No to Unwanted Bags! Always use a reusable shopping bag or reuse plastic bags. Don’t accept bags that you don’t need
- Cut down on what you buy. Gift tags can be made from old greetings cards. Any kind of unusual paper can be used to wrap gifts
- Pass any unwanted presents on to your local charity shop rather than throwing them away – there is sure to be someone who will like them!
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.